By becoming a member of the Danforth Jewish Circle, you give you and your family a Jewish place of belonging and access to a wellspring of friendship, support, learning, ritual, and social and cultural programs. You also contribute to building a vibrant and progressive Jewish community in Toronto.
Annual Membership Includes:
- Tickets to High Holy Day Services, including programs for children and teens
- Year-round Shabbat and holy day services and celebrations including Sukkot, Chanukkah, Purim, and Earth Hour Havdalah Cabaret
- Engaging learning and discussions with Rabbi Miriam
- Creative programs, including Reading Circle, Movie Night, Multi-Faith gatherings, LGBTQ events, and more
- Rabbinic and communal support for life-cycle events and times of need
- Discounted tuition to our Children’s Jewish Studies Program
- Family Friendly programs
- A portion of every membership supports the DJC Children’s Jewish Studies Program, as well as the ongoing operation and growth of our community
Membership Dues & Fees for 5780 (2019/2020)
* PLEASE NOTE * In order to receive your tickets or membership cards by mail before High Holydays, you must register by SEPTEMBER 20th. After September 20th, ticket/membership card pick up will be available at services, & fees increase by 10%. We will follow up for payment arrangements after Rosh Hashanah or after Yom Kippur..
- Family (two adults & dependent children): $1,000 — $2,500
- Individual/Single Parent (one adult & dependent children): $500 — $1,250
- 30 & Under: $100 — $250
- Senior (65 & over): $500 — $1,250
- Full-Time Student: $36 — $90
- Single Service Tickets* – GUEST pass for out-of-town guests (members only): $54
NON-MEMBER SINGLE SERVICE TICKETS:
- Single Service Tickets (one service, evening or day): $200 – $500
NEW TO THE DJC — first year
- Family: $800 – $2,000
- Individual/Single Parent (one adult & dependent children): $400 – $1,000
* BENEFIT FOR DJC MEMBERS ONLY ~ additional info about Single Service Tickets
We are committed to making membership financially accessible for all. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. If you can’t afford the minimum payment, please complete a confidential SUBSIDY REQUEST FORM. Please note, if your request is received ON or AFTER September 20th, we cannot process your subsidy request prior to High Holydays. However, you are welcome to attend service. Please go to the registration desk in the lobby of Eastminster Church (310 DANFORTH AVE, TO M4K 1N6), where you’ll be given a service ticket for the day. We will contact you after to complete the Subsidy Request Form, or to confirm your subsidy request (& registration).
We encourage those who are more fortunate to consider making a donation to help ensure our doors are open to all who want to participate.
Danforth Jewish Circle
Ste 125 — 283 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
The Danforth Jewish Circle is a registered charitable organization (BN/Registration number: 870202660RR0001).
Questions about becoming a member? Reach out to email@example.com.