The High Holy Days are a time to take stock of the past year, look forward, and recommit ourselves to living in line with our values and our deepest potential individually and collectively.
New DJC members often comment on how warm and musical our services are. With a unique balance of tradition and innovation, DJC High Holy Day services are relaxed, participatory, and spiritually moving regardless of your knowledge or background.
Our services include community aliyot where dozens of us stand on the bimah together sharing in the common joys and challenges of life. We also include wisdom and personal reflections shared by community members from the pulpit (kavanot), Rabbi Miriam’s inspiring sermons, and music that lifts our hearts and elevates our voices.
- EREV ROSH HASHANAH
- ROSH HASHANH SERVICES & PROGRAMS
- (2nd day Rosh Hashanah) HINENI ~ HERE I AM
- KOL NIDRE SERVICE
- YOM KIPPUR SERVICES & PROGRAMS
To view 2017 / 5778 High Holy Days: DETAILED LIST – HIGH HOLY DAY SERVICES
In addition to services in the main sanctuary at “Bethminster” (Eastminster United Church, 310 Danforth Avenue), we offer programs for all ages.
- Family Services for children and their parents include stories, songs, and prayers.
- Interactive Youth Programs for children 7 – 9 years old and 10 – 12 years old.
- Teen Discussions & Activities allow young people ages 13 & up to spend part of the time in their own programs and part of the time participating in main sanctuary services.
On Rosh Hashanah afternoon, join us for Tashlich at the Don Valley Brick Works where we symbolically throw our wrongs from last year into the water and enter the New Year a little lighter. We also hold a Rosh Hashanah dawn service at the Brick Works.