The Jewish calendar gives us so many reasons to come together with family, friends, and community to celebrate.
DJC holiday celebrations include:
- Singing, decorating, and sitting in the sukkah during Sukkot
- Lighting up a dark December night with Chanukah
- A mystical meal for Tu B’shvat
- Vampy, campy megillah reading and Purim celebration
- Community members hosting one another for Pesach
- Earth Hour havdalah and music by candlelight
- All-night Shavuot learning
Before each holiday, Rabbi Miriam offers learning sessions to prepare our hearts and minds, exploring both the practical “how-to” of the upcoming holiday, and the depth of meaning and contemporary significance of each festival.
Check the calendar for our next Festival celebration.