* The Eastminster building is wheelchair-accessible, including washrooms. There is a ramp up to the side entrance off Jackman Avenue, power buttons to open the door, and an elevator. There are 3 wheelchair-accessible, single-stall all-gender washrooms, one on each of the floors that can be accessed by the elevator.
*The DJC has confirmed ASL interpretation for the following High Holy Day services: Rosh Hashanah day service (Sept. 30, 10am), Tashlich (Sept. 30, 3:30pm), Yom Kippur day service (Oct. 09, 10am) and Yom Kippur Neilah (Oct. 09, 6pm) — and the following education sessions: 2nd day of Rosh Hashanah (Oct. 01, 10am) and Yom Kippur afternoon (Oct. 09, 2pm).
We will have more ASL interpretation available throughout the year for various services and educational events. If there is a service or event you would like us to have interpreted for you, please get in touch! For these requests, or if you need further information, we can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org .
* The DJC has a scent-free policy. Please arrive scent-free, so that scent-disabled folks can access these events. What this means: please don’t wear any scented products, including perfume/cologne, aftershave, scented deodorants, hair sprays or mousse, and scented hand lotion. Also, scent-free soap will be available in the accessible washroom on the main floor during services, and in the accessible washroom in the basement during education sessions held in the basement.
* There are designated seating sections upfront and the rear for people with various disability needs, including scent-disabled folks. Just ask a greeter or Anne Shaddick our service manager for help finding a seat that works for you.
* We do not yet have large-print or braille machzorim.
* There will a quiet room available upstairs for ambulatory people who need a break. That space is not wheelchair-accessible this year.
* Danforth Jewish Circle is a queer- and trans-inclusive congregation. And we welcome folks with a wide variety of Jewish backgrounds and knowledge of Hebrew.
* Please let us know if you have other access needs or questions about accessibility.