- This event has passed.
Permanent Rabbi Community Forum – Online
January 24 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Check your weekly e-news for zoom link!
The DJC is undertaking a process to hire a new permanent Rabbi by Spring 2023!
Join the Community Forum on January 18th in person or January 24th virtually to share what you hope for in the DJC’s permanent rabbi, what you’d caution against, and where we might make tradeoffs, knowing that no one is perfect. Not even a rabbi!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Take the survey and tell us what you think is important to look for in the DJC’s Rabbi
- Participate in a virtual or in-person Community Forum to share your thoughts on what’s most important
- Engage with short-listed candidates once we’re farther along in the process
WHAT’S THE TIMELINE?
- December: Job posting and initial community survey
- January: Community Forums to inform decision-making criteria
- February: Interviewing begins
- March: Shortlisted candidates
- April/May: Final decision
WHO’S WORKING ON IT?
- A Permanent Rabbi Search Committee, composed of a broad spectrum of people from across our community, held their first meeting at the end of November.
- The Committee includes Nicki Weiss, Saara Greene, Rob Krakauer, Emil Sher, Marcia Young, Ren Bucholz, Elisabeth Marks, Allen Flaming, Evelyn Tauben, Nadya Burton, Jonah Greenhut, Marcia Young, Nina Harris, Weiwei Su, Mike Dunn, Josh Greenhut