The DJC is continuing its relationship with the Bethany Church Food Bank. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated by the many local families who depend on the food bank every week.
Non-perishable items are needed:
- Canned fruits and vegetables,
- Pasta / spaghetti sauce
- Canned protein (meat, fish, beans, etc.)
- Infant formula
- Diapers for children and senior adults
- Cat and dog food
- Supermarket gift cards for the purchase of milk and fresh produce
- Toiletry items and any other staples
If you wish to make a monetary donation, the church has a separate account for the Food Bank to cover the costs of skid deliveries and ingredients for the hot lunches they serve every week. All labour is done by volunteers, so any cheques payable to Bethany with “food bank” on the memo line will ensure 100% of the money donated goes towards the food bank.
Please bring your donations for the food bank to high holy day services and leave them in the marked bins located in the lobby when you arrive.