With the holidays being different this year, the Accessibility Initiative has been working to make sure anyone who wants to participate is able to do so. With this in mind, we wanted to let you know a few important things:
1. If you have any questions or accommodation needs, for any of the services (in person or zoom) please contact the Accessibility Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you need help setting up or trouble-shooting zoom, please get in touch with Rick from the Tech Committee at email@example.com.
3. We have confirmed ASL interpretation for the following services:
- Erev Roshanah, Sept. 18, 7:30-9:00pm. Interpreters: Kate + Martin
Rosh Hashanah 1st day, Sept. 19, 10:00am-12:30pm. Interpreters: Kate + Devon
- Rosh Hashanah 2nd day learning session, Sept. 20, 10:00-11:30am. Interpreters: Kate + Devon
- Kol Nidre, Sept. 27, 7:30-9:00pm. Interpreters: Kate + Devon
- Yom Kippur morning, Sept. 28, 10:00am-12:30pm. Interpreters: Kate + Devon
- Yom Kippur learning sessions, Sept. 28, 2:00-5:00pm. Interpreters: Kate + Adra
- Yom Kippur meditation, Sept. 28, 5:30-6:30pm. Interpreter: Devon
- Yom Kippur Neilah, Sept. 28, 6:45-8:17pm. Interpreters: Devon + Martin
If you need to see the interpreters, make sure to ‘pin’ them to your screen, so you can see the interpreter at all times. This option can be accessed by clicking the top-right hand corner (where you’ll see 3 dots if you hover there) on the box containing the interpreter and choosing “Pin Video” from that menu.
For more information on accessing ASL during services, here is a helpful writeup: keepteaching.iu.edu/resources/zoom/pin-video.html
4. We have closed captioning booked for the following services:
- Erev Roshanah, Sept. 18, 7:30-9:00pm.
- Rosh Hashanah 1st day, Sept. 19, 10:00am-12:30pm.
- Kol Nidre, Sept. 27, 7:30-9:00pm.
- Yom Kippur morning, Sept. 28, 10:00am-12:30pm.
- Yizkor – Monday Sept 28, 1:00 – 2 pm
Anyone who needs it, can easily access it by clicking the “CC” button at the bottom of your zoom screen. The captions will scroll across the bottom of the screen, and won’t obscure what else is happening on screen. You can adjust the size of the caption font in your zoom settings, under “Accessibility.”