We want everyone to be able to fully participate at DJC events. If you need ASL interpretation, CART captioning, or other supports, please fill in the form below and we will do our best to support your participation. If you prefer to make your request by phone or email, please contact the office. Telephone 416-580-6303. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Four weeks’ notice is strongly preferred for booking ASL, and two weeks for CART, attendants, and other services — due to availability and prep-time constraints. If it is not possible to give us that lead time, do contact us with your request anyway, and we will still try our best to book the service(s).
Additional Accessibility Features
- All service locations are wheelchair-accessible. The entrance into East End United from Jackman Ave. features a ramp, a power button to open the door, and an elevator very close to the doors. The elevator buttons include Braille labels.
- All three floors serviced by the elevator also have wheelchair-accessible, single-stall, gender-neutral washrooms.
- ASL & CART captioning can be accessed both in person and on Zoom for every service where they are booked.
- Unscented soap will be provided in all washrooms.
- We ask that all attendees refrain from wearing any scented products to facilitate access for chemically injured & scent-sensitive congregants.
- We have priority seating for multiple needs. Please speak with an usher to find the best seat for your needs, or if you have any other access concerns.
The DJC Accessibility Committee
We are an impassioned group of volunteers committed to creating an inclusive community where everyone belongs and can participate to their fullest. We strive to create a barrier-free environment by addressing potential and/or existing barriers to participation, and by engaging members’ support to ensure those with physical, hearing, visual, cognitive, learning, sensory, or emotional disabilities can positively and actively take part in our services and programs.
To volunteer with the committee please email: DJCaccess@proton.me